What Matters to Me
You; helping you connect to you. There is no one like you, and who you are is just what this world needs. You have great value, worth, and innate wisdom right this very moment, before you ever set foot in a therapy office.
Maybe your deep work will look like just starting to accept that fact. Or maybe you're ready to reconnect to the parts of you that feel lost right now. And maybe you're even ready to ride the wave of your potential into a different way of living.
What matters is not where you are in some process, but that you show up. I'd love to help you get started.
If you visit my office, you'll notice it's more like a cozy living room than a wall lined with diplomas and certificates, but credentials-wise, I am licensed as a Marital & Family Therapist in the state of TN (license #1145), with my Master of Marriage & Family Therapy from Trevecca Nazarene University.
I love constantly learning. Some of my additional trainings are in:
- Internal Family Systems (Level I) - reconnecting with yourself and others; experiencing the core of who you really are; discovering compassion for self and other; understanding your complexity, emotions, and behaviors; and getting unstuck
- Brainspotting (Level I) - using your natural gaze to release emotional and physical pain and unhook negative associations; also used to enhance performance for artists, athletes, etc.
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (Level I) - processing and diminishing the power of traumas, shame, or negative beliefs about ourselves
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT tapping Level I) - gently tapping acupuncture/acupressure points to balance the body and emotions in order to resolve limiting or shameful beliefs and their effects on your life, decisions, and relationships
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - understanding what's happening inside when get hurt and hurt others; caring for what the needs are beneath those hurts; learning how to speak for those needs in a way that draws us close rather than pushing people away; changing how we interact by building safe and secure bonds over time
My background is in music, with degrees in Vocal Performance from Southern Methodist University (undergrad) and Belmont University (grad), and many years teaching voice and piano.
Life-wise, I'm a native Nashvillian and am passionate about the arts, the outdoors, human connection, natural health, neuroscience, and mind-body integration.