Are you accepting new clients?
I do currently have a couple of spots available. Just get in touch with me to set something up.
How do I set up an appointment?
Here’s the fastest way to get started:
- Send me an email
- In that email, let me know some times that you’d be available to chat on the phone for a few minutes to make sure you feel like I’m a great fit for you, to let me answer any questions or concerns you might have, and to let me make sure your concerns fall within my expertise
- We’ll chat on the phone, and if you’d like, we can go ahead and look at the calendar to set up an appointment time
If you hate phones, or feel ready to set up an appointment via email, just be sure to let me know of that, and to send me your questions, concerns, or desired appointment times (I am not able to accommodate all desired times, but it helps me get an idea of how our schedules might match up).
What is your schedule? Do you offer weekend or evening appointments?
Days: I am in the Berry Hill office on Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as one Saturday per month.
Evenings: I do not offer evening appointments. I have a limited number of lunchtime appointments available for those working around strict daytime hours.
Weekends: The monthly Saturday sessions are available in the form of "intensives." An intensive session lasts 90-120 minutes (rather than 50 minutes). The extra time allows your processing to continue flowing at a deeper level instead of interrupting it to end a shorter session, then start all over again at the following session. Some clients also opt for a longer session if they are unable to attend sessions regularly. (Both regular-length and intensive-length sessions are available on Tuesday/Thursday.)
Feel free to check in with me to see how our schedules might be able to work together.
Do you accept insurance?
I don’t process insurance. It’s always worth checking in with your insurance company, just in case - some plans may reimburse for out of network sessions or let your sessions count toward your deductible. I can give you a special receipt with the medical codes they’ll need.
You’ll also want to check in with them to see what you need in order to get counseling covered. Here are some questions you’ll want to ask:
- Do they reimburse for counseling? For out of network counseling?
- Do they require a diagnosis in order to cover your sessions?
- Do they limit the amount of sessions they’ll cover based on that diagnosis?
- Do they require special permission for sessions over a certain length (for instance, 60 minutes vs. 45 minutes)
- Will they allow unreimbursed sessions to count toward your deductible?
- If you are seeking couples therapy, do they cover that? (Many plans do not cover relationship therapy.)
It’s important to find out these details so that we both have an idea of the expectations. Sometimes insurance plans cover enough sessions to give you coping skills to change outward behaviors, but not enough sessions to do the deep, healing heart-work I believe in. There are absolutely exceptions to that, though, so again: it’s always worth checking in with them.
Can I use my HSA (Health Savings Account) or Flex Account?
If you happen to have a health savings account or flex account, I can run HSA/flex cards just as I would a regular credit card. I can provide you a special receipt to submit if you need it, and do make sure to double-check your coverage ahead of time.